Here are some cool organic food tips that are worth to remember.
Did you know that …
– In order for the organic citrus fruits to last 2-3 weeks longer, you have to keep them in the refrigerator, same with the raw floors and nuts.
– To make baby carrots, radishes and celery crunchy again you have to place them in water with a slice of potato.
– If you don’t want to consume them immediately, don’t wash organic dark leafy greens and berries.
– If you want to keep your mashed avocado fresh and green, you have to add fresh lime or lemon juice.
– In order to keep bananas fresh longer, you have to keep them separated from each other.
– Fresh herbs last longer stored in paper bags. So are the beets, asparagus, artichokes, Brussels sprouts, cherries, cabbage, grapes, green beans, leeks, spinach, plums, squash, and zucchini.
– Store potatoes away from the onions. They produce gasses that spoil each other.
– You should spread into single layers your blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to keep them from spoiling at contact points.
– You want to keep celery in a plastic bag, if not this porous plant absorbs odors from other foods.
– Corn is best preserved in his husk in the refrigerator.
– Eggplant does not like moisture, so don’t wash it until you are ready to prepare it.
– Spinach will spoil fast at room temperature so store it in a cold crisper.
– Refresh organic leafy greens by keeping them in icy water for 30 minutes.
– Organic potatoes have a tendency to sprouting if, not kept in the refrigerator.
– If you line your refrigerator crisper drawer with paper towels, your produce will last longer since there will be less moisture.